Kitchen Projects & Progress
Our kitchen transformation is coming along really well but it's still probably the room with the most work to go in the house. We started tearing the place apart just over a year ago. The kitchen we started with was so bad we pretty much just ripped it out as quickly as possible. We finished the functional parts of the kitchen in the first few months but have been much slower with finishing the details.
Just to give you a reminder of where we started here are a few before pictures - you can see all of the before pictures HERE.
Here are the projects we got done in the past year
- Demoed old kitchen
- Replaced paneling and ceiling tile with dry wall and painted
- Installed and refinished Hardwood floors
- Installed and finished butch-block counter tops
- Painted Cabinets and re-installed
- Replaced cabinet side panels and kick boards
- Replaced and painted door and window trim
- Kitchen rack shelving and open wall shelving (next to refrigerator)
- Fixed Kitchen faucet (Newport Brass Nadya Single-Handle)
Here is a short list of what we still have left to do
- Refurbish exterior door
- Finish baseboard trim
- Install range hood
- Backslash tile
- Finish installing open shelving
- Paint cabinet hinges white
So one tiny corner of our kitchen is complete. Here are some of our inspiration photos - What do you think? we are getting there right! I can't wait to enjoy my amazing little kitchen :) so close!